Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Purple Lipstick






Wearing:
Tee - Primark, Jeans - The Gap, Ankle Boots - Rock & Republic for Kohls, Bag - asos, Necklace - unknown, Bracelet - unknown, Belt - JCPenny's
Makeup:
Lipstick - L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Lipstick in The Mystic's Kiss, Mascara - 17 Va Va Voom in Blackest Black

I've had this purple lipstick for a while now.  I got it when the TV show Project Runway did one of their many collabs with L'Oreal Paris (I believe this particular season was season 11).  I missed out on Project Runway's first collab with L'Oreal, so when this collab came out, I knew that I just had to get a piece from it.  I was very excited about it when I first got it, but until recently I had kinda forgotten about it.  It wasn't until Lorde started wearing her signature purple lipstick.  She pulls it off so well, so I decided to pull mine out.  My lipstick is a much deeper purple in the tube, so I expected it to look more like hers.  However, when I actually wear it, it has a lot pink in it.  It is still a pretty color, and I think that it brings out my green eyes, but it's not as deep as I was hoping.  I think I might just go and buy the new M.A.C and Lorde collab lipstick.  I think I'll get just the color I want this way.
Along with the purple lipstick, I decided to wear neutral colors so the lipstick would really pop.  I paired it with my black and white striped tee tucked into my boyfriend jeans.  The ankle boots I wore are one of my favorite pairs of shoes to pair with these jeans.  Since the boots have gold detailing, I also decided to wear my black and gold belt, and my gold Buddha jewelry.

So I've been messing around with the layout of my blog a little bit.  What do you think?  I rather like the new title picture I've added.  Also, I've joined LookBook!  If you're interested in checking me out, you can click the links on the side.  I hope you check it out!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Wear She's Gone. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig